h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Friday, August 05, 2005
Dukes of Hazzard: Recycling Scenes is NOT Filmograhy.
I saw Dukes of Hazzard tonight...

Mostly, I laughed, because I am easily amused and there was a lot of dumb humor. I should have known something was up when I recognized the guy who played Farva in Super Troopers. Message to Director Jay Chandrasekhar: Dude.. if you're going to cast the same guys in different movies, at LEAST change up the scenes! They took a whole scene out of Super Troopers!! Same actors playing the cops, same idea, just different speeds:

"How fast do you think you were going?"
"10 miles an hour?"
"8."
"But isn't that under the speed limit sir?"

And later... when the Dukes peeled away from a cop car, the SAME actor walks up in front of the camera with a faraway look reflected in his shades, and says (in the same booming voice), "Mother of God..."

.. I rest my case. Shit, Super Troopers is one of my favorite funny movies.. and dammit if the Director didn't think his crap was funny enough the first time around, he had to inject recycled scenes into new movies in hopes of generating more laughs? Super Troopers has been desecrated!
Dukes of Hazzard went ahead and took a big smelly dump on it.
I think not. The whole theater's reaction to this was a massive groan of pained effort.

Granted, it was still funny in a cute-General-Lee-Was-The-Best-Part kind of way, and if you like to make catcalls whenever Jessica Simpson is onscreen, by all means go and see it... but if I were you I'd wait until it came out on rental.... The best part by far were the bloopers at the end. You get to see Johnny Knoxville teabagging Seann William Scott!!
 
posted by isadanceaholic at Friday, August 05, 2005 | Permalink |


0 Comments:


***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.