h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Eatin' His Words in True Champion Style...

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...



NIGELISM OF THE NIGHT:
"[Natalie, in this routine
you weren't really supposed to
DANCE, just act while Musa did all the dancing,so even though you didn't dance worth S%*#, greatjob,loved it.]"


RYAN HIMSELF SAID IT...
"My partner is a
BallroomSuperstar
[**so I can just stand there
and watch her dance the whole time**]
so I'mgood!"



FIRST UP, NATALIE AND MUSA DRAW HIP HOP.
The outcome of their dance is pretty much summed up in Nigel's comment...

"Natalie, for this dance routine you weren't really supposed to DANCE, just act while Musa does all the dancing, so even though I'm judging how good the dancing that you two did as a couple and you didn't dance worth S%*#, great job!! Loved it." Oh... and dancing to Promiscuous Girl? C'mon!! I hear ENOUGH of this song on the radio/TV as it is!

RYAN AND HEIDI:
They lucked out with Cha Cha, and their routine was danced to "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones - Need I say more (and yes, those of you who remember NYDC 2003 can giggle at that little memory)? Luckily Jean-Marc choreographed intelligently to showcase Heidi's *ahem* assets and to cloak Ryan's weaknesses..... Ryan himself said it:
"My partner is a ballroom superstar [**so I can just stand there and watch her dance the whole time**] so I'm good!"
Ryan did a decent job, though. A few times he rushed his footwork, but during the parts in the choreography that it counted the most he hit it at the right parts and moved himself across the floor. It's hard to take Ryan apart too much, though.... All eyes were on Heidi and her costume, which would probably fit in its entirety into a sandwich baggie. Not that anyone is complaining. If I had a body like that I would be getting myself into a considerable amount of trouble.

IVAN AND ALLISON:
Contemporary. Allison was stunning, loved her movements. Brian was 100% right. As for Ivan, I'm sorry but what is everyone going gaga over? Mary cried like Paula Abdul during American Idol and Ivan still looks like he hasn't hit puberty yet. He's still stuck in the gangly awkward teenage movement-stage and it really doesn't look all that pretty... Has he hit puberty yet???

DMITRY AND ASHLEE:
Dmitry and Ashlee did Pop...*yawn*... Even my consistent desire to tear off Dmitry's shirt myself can't save me from wanting to take a nap during this routine...

TRAVIS AND MARTHA:
Travis and Martha drew Foxtrot, and it was very nice. Jean-Marc does it again. Although, it was distinctly disturbing to see Travis' hair plastered down....

BENJI AND DONYELLE:
Benji and Donyelle danced Broadway. Awesome, of course. Why elaborate? It rocked. Brian finally admits that he is eating his previously uttered concerns that Benji wouldn't go very far and wasn't all that good. That's right, Brian. Eat those words. Chew them up, spit them out, and eat them all over again....



 
posted by isadanceaholic at Wednesday, July 12, 2006 | Permalink |


0 Comments:


***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.