h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Overheard in NY
While enjoying a martini in a blues bar in Greenwich Village, I overheard the following conversation between a girl who just arrived and a table full of Austrian men. Upon arrival, the girl sat down and began putting on her dance shoes. one of the Austrians notices and leans over:

Austrian: "Are those dancing shoes?"
Girl: "Why yes, they are"
Austrian: "What kind of dance is this?"
Girl: "It is kind of a bastardization of lindy hop and west coast swing done to blues music, but much dirtier than what they did in the 30's and 40's."
Austrian: "It looks like a mating dance."
Girl: "No one ever said the blues weren't dirty. I can assure you many of them are NOT mating!"
Austrian: "Let's see who you want to mate with. Can I see a demonstration?"

I completely lost it and nearly my martini as well.
 
posted by isadanceaholic at Tuesday, March 10, 2009 | Permalink |


1 Comments:


***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.