h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Monday, October 20, 2008
Got Work?
"You're no longer a necessity to the company."

I cried the whole drive home. Maybe I cried out of shame and frustration. Or, maybe I was just plan relieved. It might have also been one of those oh-shit-what-now cries.

Either way, I was laid off from my job last Wednesday. Yep, E is unemployed. What's worse is that I didn't even get a severance. Thankfully, I feel better about it now. It was such a negative environment and I was so unhappy. That place sucked the soul out of people. I have a chance to find something better.

Now, the world is my oyster. If only I could find my pearl.

Anyone need a super spiffy resume design? I'll build you the perfect resume for a low price!
 
posted by isadanceaholic at Monday, October 20, 2008 | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At Monday, October 20, 2008 7:05:00 PM, Blogger Coach Christine Elowitt

    Wow. Congratulations. Isn't it amazing how sometimes life deals us exactly what we need, even if we don't realize that it is what we need. I also was laid off from a job once (3 days after escrow closed on my house) that I thought I really needed. But it was as if my subconscious took charge and created the lay-off because I had refused to quit. I ended up with a much better job a few months later. I know that you will as well. You are so intelligent, and from what I have read here on your blog, that work environment and boss were almost intolerable. You are going to discover someplace so much better suited for you now!

     
***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.