h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Job Haterism #1
Job Haterism #1:


When I work from 7:00am to 3:30pm,
do NOT tell me that my after work hours doctors appointment is unacceptable

At 3:30 I prepared to pack up so I could make my appointment. My boss comes up, drops a project on my desk, and tells me to take care of it now.

Me: "I'm really sorry but I have a doctor appointment at 3:45. I have to go."

Boss: "I had my appointment at 7:00am this morning. That is before work hours so that I could be available here all day today. I don't see why you can't do the same thing."

The doctors I know don't work at 7:00am. Where do you find this variety??

Me: "But I am off at 3:30pm. A 3:45pm appointment IS out of work hours for me."

Boss: "Do you work only 40 hours a week? No. You are on salary, which means you shouldn't schedule anything during regular business hours when you might be needed."


WAIT,

...what??



It irks me that I didn't even make it out of there until nearly 6:00pm.

Labels:

 
posted by isadanceaholic at Thursday, June 26, 2008 | Permalink |


0 Comments:


***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.