h Sophisticated Hobo sc
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Chicago Update
So I'm not moving to Chicago.

I was ready (for the right price, so to speak)... BUT:

After a day and night filled with deliberation, potential budgeting, and what-if-isms, I strolled into my office Thursday morning with the intention of presenting the ultimate "You make it worth my while and I'll make it worth your while" proposal to my boss....

.... I have come to the conclusion that when I really don't want something to happen I just blog about it and it goes away (lol)...

Apparently one day after my CEO tells my boss to "do whatever it takes to get E out to Chicago," he calls my boss up again in a small panic and instructs her to retract the proposition, stating that "E is too valuable to the San Diego office."

Um, ok. I have a new proposal:

Since I'm so "valuable," how about keeping me here in San Diego but giving me the raise *anyway*?

....it was worth a shot....
 
posted by isadanceaholic at Saturday, September 02, 2006 | Permalink |


2 Comments:


***Before commenting, please recite:***
"Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.